I was a member of our branch. My calling was President of our branch. Sister Betty Chiang was called as a counselor to the Young Women President.
I have two memorable experiences shown below:
• On December 18, 1997, Presidents Foulger and Holmstead from Stake Presidency visited my family in our home. Sister Chiang and I thought it was a Christmas visit only, but to our surprise, it was more than holiday visit and I was called to be President of Montgomery Chinese Branch. I knew that I have no reason to refuse the calling from God. However, I was overwhelmed and felt I need a lot of guidance from our Lord, Jesus Christ and Holy Ghost. Also, I need a lot of support and Help from members of Chinese Branch. I am grateful to Father in Heaven provided me the opportunity to serve members of the Chinese Branch. The service afforded me and my family joy, pleasure, constant satisfaction and many other blessings. The service strengthened my testimony and faith in Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ.
• During my tenure as president of the branch, every July and August of each year, our branch was responsible to clean our church meetinghouse. Because we did not have many members in our branch, each family and the missionaries took turns to clean our chapel up to three times a year. Although we had less members than other wards in the stake, each week we cleaned our chapel thoroughly. Our building engineer once commented that “Your branch has cleaned the chapel very well, the best of all.”
I and my wife Betty have been retired over 10 years and have been doing a lot of service work. We have 6 grandchildren now as shown in the attached picture.
George
I have two memorable experiences shown below:
• On December 18, 1997, Presidents Foulger and Holmstead from Stake Presidency visited my family in our home. Sister Chiang and I thought it was a Christmas visit only, but to our surprise, it was more than holiday visit and I was called to be President of Montgomery Chinese Branch. I knew that I have no reason to refuse the calling from God. However, I was overwhelmed and felt I need a lot of guidance from our Lord, Jesus Christ and Holy Ghost. Also, I need a lot of support and Help from members of Chinese Branch. I am grateful to Father in Heaven provided me the opportunity to serve members of the Chinese Branch. The service afforded me and my family joy, pleasure, constant satisfaction and many other blessings. The service strengthened my testimony and faith in Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ.
• During my tenure as president of the branch, every July and August of each year, our branch was responsible to clean our church meetinghouse. Because we did not have many members in our branch, each family and the missionaries took turns to clean our chapel up to three times a year. Although we had less members than other wards in the stake, each week we cleaned our chapel thoroughly. Our building engineer once commented that “Your branch has cleaned the chapel very well, the best of all.”
I and my wife Betty have been retired over 10 years and have been doing a lot of service work. We have 6 grandchildren now as shown in the attached picture.
George


0 comments:
Post a Comment